I recently started a poll on the Phandroid Droid forum what phone people were going to upgrade to in the next six months. Here are the specs of my dream phone.
- 4"-4.3" inch 960x540 super amoled+ screen.
- Nvidia Tegra 2 or equivalent.
- Glossy black finish (I know it is cliche, but I like it).
- Battery size equivalent to Bionic.
- LTE and Unlocked bootloader.
- Made by Motorola or HTC7. Gingerbread or latest version of Android.
All of these specs are impossible as only Samsung phones have amoled screens. The Galaxy S2 meets most of these requirements except the last one of course, but won't be out on Verizon for a while (see my last post).
So I am stuck. Do I go for a Stealth (SCH-i510) and pass up dual core and risk Samsung's lack of upgrades? Do I go with the bionic and settle for an LCD screen that has not been getting great reviews despite the resolution bump and a locked bootloader? Do I wait for an HTC dual core phone and give up having a super amoled+ screen.
Fortunately I have a non-techie family member who has an upgrade in June. So if I get a phone in the next few months, I can always get another one and pass the old one along. Of course, then we have to get Verizon's tiered data plan.